Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Fun Idea!

I just read about a contest at C & T Publishing. (http://www.ctpubblog.com/2009/03/09/march-design-challenge/) I don't usually get into contests because I never win. In fact, if I am sending in a subscription to a magazine or registering for something online I usually make sure to NOT check mark the box to enter the free drawing. Anyway, I will enter a contest if it sounds like fun. This contest sounds like fun. Maybe that's because it isn't really a contest, it's a "design challenge." I'm always up for a good challenge!



So the challenge is to make something cupcake related and post a picture of it. I am pretending it is due the end of the month. The deadline is actually the beginning of April. C & T Publishing is advertising their cupcake board book, but they did say it could be quilted and they didn't say you had to use the board book.



So I came up with a fun (and easy) cupcake quilt. I just happened to have a mini-honeybun of April Cornell's new line Spring Magic that I got at Market last October. Perfect!!!!
I have the cupcake bottoms made and the sashing put together. Yeah!! I hope it turns out as cute and I think it will.


Oh yes, I bound three quilts yesterday for "Simply Charming Circles." Whew. I am hand binding two of them. I have a foot or so left on one and about a yard on the other. Hopefully one of those will be done tonight. Why did I start one and not just finish the other. I have no idea. I figure as long as I am working on something that needs to be done sometime then I am alright. An old roommate of mine told me that. Except she was an English major so I am sure it actually sounded eloquent when she said it, and I am probably missing half of the point. But it suits me that way.

1 comment:

connie said...

Hi,

With your permission I'd like to add your blog to the blog page of my new quilting directory, Quilt Qua : http://www.quiltqua.com/links/blogs/ You can let me know if you'd like to be included. If you would like to be on the top "featured" list, you simply need to let me know you've made mention, or placed a link on your site, back to Quilt Qua. I can send you a graphic if you'd like one for that purpose.

I look forward to hearing from you. Please note photos are always welcome on the Show and Tell page http://www.quiltqua.com/showandtell/upload/ , and do let me know if I've missed your business to list on the web site!

--
Thank you,
Connie Colten
Quilt Qua
www.quiltqua.com
619-562-0867