Monday, June 8, 2009

Summer Vacation

We decided to take the kids to Southern California last week. Fortunately I did get a chance to visit two quilt shops in the city we visited, Temecula. I didn't get to spend enough time in either shop because they were both so fun. It surprised me that reproduction prints were a big item there. Another thing I hadn't seen before was rolls of Fat Eighths sold as a bundled precut. At one shop I picked up a bundle of Cinnamon and Spice by Jo Morton of Andover Fabrics. At the other shop I picked up some reproduction coordinates to make a "California Quilt."


So what were the shops? One was the Temecula Quilt Company. It carried exclusively reproduction prints.

The other shop was Quilter's Coop in Old Town Temecula. I really wanted to go there because they carry a lot of my books. If you want to check out any of the Simply Charming books in the Temecula area, go visit Quilter's Coop. And if you have kids, stop at the fun children's museum a block or two away so they don't mind letting you browse around at the quilt shop.

No comments: