Wednesday, August 11, 2010

(Temporary) Abdication

Sometimes when I feel overwhelmed, I just have to put everything aside and do something else.  I suppose that I am abdicating my responsibilities, but only for a couple hours or so. 

Jewel's Arm Candy (Flickr name) posted this quilt on the flickr discussion board after block 11.  HERE's the link in case you are interested.



I have been thinking about it since she posted this picture.  Today it was just what I needed.  I figured out how much fabric I would need and what I would need to cut while sitting at the tire store waiting for a leak to be plugged.  Then I stopped by a fabric shop on my way home and picked up the supplies.  I even had a gift certificate to the shop so the quilt was free (well, almost)! 

So, the kids watched tv and made messes while I sewed.  The kids played and cried while I sewed.  It is all done except the border.  I am hoping to show it to you tomorrow.  I love it!  Thanks Jewel's Arm Candy!

Here's to (temporary) abdication of responsibility!

10 comments:

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

Awesome quilt!!!!!!

GeeGee said...

Oh, I love this and from my favorite block!

Staci said...

I've thought about this design quite a lot since it was posted, and thought that I should sit down and figure it out.
So, now that you went ahead and did that, are you going to share your plans? I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping your will!!

You know, I sit and plan quilts (or sew binding) when I get the car serviced, too! Good use of otherwise tedious waiting time!

Gene Black said...

I saw the picture before I read anything. I immediately thought of the block.
I love it.

Teresa said...

Can't wait to see what you did with this. I like to design in EQ also and see on the link that is how she designed the quilt.

Love the kids goodie bags, and I just bet they had a blast at the race.

Jewel said...

Wow! Thank you! I can't wait to see it all finished. It took me a couple hours of "Abdication" to design it... so I get it, I really do.

Lisa at Sun Naturals said...

I'm glad to see someone else sometimes letting the kids watch tv and make messes so we can sew!

copehome said...

Yes, please share the directions!!! I love it!

Beth said...

I like the way that quilt looks.Can't wait to see your done.

sandy said...

I love the quilt. Looks very oriental. Think I will try it with oriental fabrics and a light background. Thanks for giving the instructions.