Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Riley Blake Tutorial: Chevrons at Play

Today I have a tutorial posted at Riley Blake!  It's for a quilt called Chevrons at Play.


It's a simple quilt that uses the popular chevrons as background fabric.  This chevron fabric was a big hit at Spring Market.  I have seen it in a lot of purses and skirts and quilt backs.  I asked myself what could I do that is different than what I have seen.  That's when I thought about fussy cutting the chevrons so you can have a chevron quilt without piecing chevrons!  The rectangles in the piecing come from 10" squares.  It was a fun quilt to make.  Let me know what you think!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

love it. I have 3 fat quarter bundles and I am going to try that. Thanks

Lisa said...

Congrats! I love the quilt. Good for a boys room!

Marcia W. said...

Great quilt on the Farmall tractor. Enjoyed the post at RBD.

Rachell said...

Congrats!
Konda, how do you put your name on your pictures? Do you use a certain program or text box? I want to do that too for my blog and I'm trying to get some ideas.
Claddaghsquiltsandstars.blogspot.com