Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Karlene's Simply Charming Mini


Konda asked me on Wednesday if I would make a quilt from her Simply Charming Mini book for this blog hop.  Thanks Konda, it was a lot of fun.  I actually have a lot of this Fig Tree Fabric "Butterscotch and Rose" because I wanted to make Konda's pattern "Charming Flowers" from her book Simply Charming.  So when she asked me to do this I thought it would be fun to make this pattern "Mini Flower Garden" to go with the big quilt that I hope to make one day.  I tend to change patterns that I make, for instance this quilt I made 16 flowers instead of Konda's 8 flowers. I used 2 charm squares for the red in the center of the flowers and I used the same yardage for the background, border, binding and backing.  I love to make little quilts like this, they don't take much fabric, I love putting them out on little tables, and I love practicing my quilting on my Bernina.  Hope you enjoy!

My daughter who is my photographer has gone to bed, so I didn't get some things on my blog that I wanted to tonight.  Please check out my blog today or later to see what I enjoy doing - www.karleneskreation.blogspot.com

6 comments:

Lesley said...

This is gorgeous! Love the fabric choices and the size!

Sherry said...

I love the quilt, I have just the right charm squares to try this. I have been enjoying these little quilts.

Sheila said...

I was hoping this would be the next one up. I have a batik charm pack that would work nicely.

Military Challenge Coins said...

I like your choice of colors..

Brenda said...

This is beautiful!
hulseybg at gmail dot com

SITL said...
This comment has been removed by the author.