Tuesday, December 4, 2012

It's a Mini Quilt Along - Criss Cross Applesauce

Is anyone feel as crazy as I do in December? Between getting other people's Christmas quilts quilted and my Christmas sewing done, and helping children with Christmas presents, I don't know what time of day it is half of the time. I think it's getting worse too.
 
First, my apologies to all the winners who haven't received prizes. That is next on the list. I have a stack of charm packs that are begging me to be sent on to a new owner.
 
This week, I played with Criss Cross Applesauce. My kids learned in school how to sit criss cross applesauce. When I was a kid, we sat indian style. I guess somehow it has evolved. I thought it was a fun name for the little quilt that reminded me of sitting cross-legged.
 
This is a flannel charm pack by Holly Taylor for Moda called Christmas Spirit. Instead of making the entire quilt, I put four blocks together. I also played with the layout. Here is a diagonal layout.
 
 
Here is a circular layout.

 
I can't decide which I like better. These measure about 8 inches. I was thinking about how to turn them into Christmas gifts. I really liked the circular layout to put under a candle. Are they called candle mats?
 
My ideas were a potholder, mug rug, or candle mat. I would love to hear any other ideas. What do you think?!?

9 comments:

peawink said...

I like the last one with circular line best too ...

Sheila said...

I like all of them. I'm guessing the next pattern in the mini quilt along is Criss Cross Applesauce.

Unknown said...

They would be perfect as a personal foot quilt. ..or a ferret quilt. I haven't had a diet pepsi for way too long ;) xoxo

Lisa C said...

I like the circular layout. I use my mug rugs as candle rugs all the time. I like that idea. Merry Christmas and thanks for blogging.

Sherryl said...

It would also make an adorable bib for an apron - and a "skirt" and ties and you're good to go. (I like the circular layout best as well)

Terry@ a quilting blog said...

I'd add borders and then use them for the front of pillow covers. Thanks for sharing!

Barb N said...

I like the circular pattern. And, you can't have too many snack mats - great to leave out for Santa on Christmas Eve!

Carin said...

Both are great but the first I love something better.

Altax said...
This comment has been removed by the author.