Thursday, June 13, 2013

McCall's Quilting: Blowin' in the Wind

The new issue, July/August 2013, of McCall's Quilting has one of my quilt patterns in it!
 
 
This quilt is made from 16 fat quarters and background fabric! I wanted to make a quilt with light icy colors. This quilt combines two blocks, but the blocks are different sizes. I love how this quilt turned out! I thought I was tired of half square triangles when I finished that quilt. Turns out it was nothing compared to one I just did that I can show you in a couple months.
 
 
I quilted it with an overall quilting pattern that I thought looked like ice crystals spreading on a window.

 
Here's the picture McCall's took.

 
The 5 large blocks are all the same pattern. It's one of those times that I love when a block looks different just by the value of fabrics in it.

7 comments:

Karen said...

A gorgeous quilt. I love the colours and the 1/2 square triangles.

Anonymous said...

Nice quilt. Congrats.

Beth said...

Wow! Have to go get that magazine.

Shannon said...

HOW COOL!! Good for you!!

Mama Spark said...

Congrats Konda! Beautiful quilt.

Lesley said...

Beautiful quilt! Congratulations!

Nita said...

Wow, that is very cool.