Monday, January 18, 2010

Color of the Year

I never knew there was a color of the year. I visited Pantone's website today and saw the announcement -- Turquoise is the color of the year. Congratulations Turquoise!


It doesn't really surprise me considering all I have been hearing about red and turquoise in the quilt world lately.

You can click on the image above to go to the official announcement where you can learn all about the color turquoise. Did you know that turquoise represents escape? Makes sense. Also, turquoise "pairs nicely with any other color in the spectrum." That's a quote from Pantone, the king of color. I will have to think about that one. It's never been one of my favorite colors, but it is nice. Lastly, did you know that turquoise is hard to spell? That wasn't from Pantone, that was from me. I keep thinking I am going to spell it wrong.

If you have never been there, go to Pantone's website. It is a celebration of color. Everything is so luscious. Makes me want to design a new quilt!

No comments: