Thursday, October 7, 2010

Eagle Scout Project

Chances are many of you know about becoming an Eagle Scout.  Chances are some of you have helped out with an Eagle Scout project.  I know I have helped (gladly) with quite a few over the years.


Boys who have to participated in the scouting program have the opportunity to receive the highest rank in scouting, the Eagle Scout.  To become an Eagle Scout, one of the requirements is to do a large service project.  A friend of mine has a son who is becoming an Eagle Scout.  For his project, he is helping people in Kiribati.  His grandparents are missionaries there. 


When his project mentioned fabric, I thought I could mention it here.  One of the things they are asking for is lightweight fabric in 1 or more yard lengths for clothing.  


There are other things they are collecting. 



There are so many good projects out there.  I would guess that all of you are involved in one charity or another because I know quilters are very giving people.  If you feel so inclined, here is one of those good ways to help people in need and help a boy learn about responsibility.

3 comments:

Monica said...

Thanks for sharing this. I emailed the boys and offered to send them a flat rate box of cotton fabric.

A.J. Dub. (Amy) said...

Thanks for posting this! I put it on all 4 of my blogs and am going to see what we can come up with to send out.

Nicky said...

Thank you!!!! It is so touching to me to see so much support, and I know the people on the islands will appreciate it even more.