Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Block Ten with Kari Ramsay

Today is the day for Block 10!  Time just keeps marching on doesn't it?  Our block today is from Kari Ramsay of Fresh Cut Quilts.


Here's a link to her blog:


Kari has designed patterns for a while and has recently teamed up with Henry Glass for her first fabric line, Tidbits.  I am sure she has been busy working on a second or even a third line, but right now she has one.  Here is a link to the free pattern on Henry Glass' website:



With all of that, this is how Kari describes herself:
I am the owner and designer of Fresh Cut Quilts Pattern Co. I am a Mom of 2 children who I adore, and have been happily married to my husband for 16 years. Before I became a quilt pattern designer, I worked in retail management and before that I was a floral designer for about 10 years. My specialty was wedding flowers. Design and sewing have been a part of my life ever since I can remember and now I get to follow my passion for design in my quilting!


Thanks Kari!

Here's a picture of Kari's block. 


Here's a picture of my block.  All of it came from scraps except the red.  I didn't have two pieces of the same or similar color large enough for those two pieces.  I think it will work with my other blocks.  This fabric is turning out to be pretty wild.

Also, just a note -- I print my patterns out in black and white.  I couldn't tell which square was yellow.  It was easy to figure out, but if you mark it on the pattern right when you print it and are still looking at the color copy on the computer screen, you won't have to wonder about that when you get to your sewing machine.


So what happens next?


Well, any pictures posted in the flickr group by tonight will be entered into the first drawing. About 10 ish tonight (Mountain Time) I will post my Block NINE. All blocks BEFORE mine are those entered into the first drawing. It doesn't matter which block - just the one's posted before mine. If you post your block AFTER mine, then it will be entered into the next drawing. I will post the winners tomorrow.

What's up for grabs this time?

Kari has donated one of her books!



and I have two copies of this magazine that my quilt was in!


We shall see who these two winners are tomorrow along with some fun flower blocks.

Happy Quilting!


7 comments:

A.J. Dub. (Amy) said...

Kari's instructions came up as the last block's.

Kristin Wilson said...

You accidentally posted Jovita's square instead of Kari's.
:-)

grendelskin said...

http://www.moosequilts.com/LCQAblock10.pdf
('Cause I'm a geek who can't wait. Thank you Konda for using clean naming conventions, smooch!)

Moose on the Porch Quilts said...

NOTE: The link has now been fixed. Glad you could figure it out grendelskin so others could have it before I could get the link fixed!

April M. said...

Block 10! I'm so behind, but I'm not going to give up. March is going to be catch up month for me :)

Anonymous said...

THANKS FOR THE NEAT GIVEAWAY!
HAPPY QUILTING!

jldouglas@wispwest.net

A.J. Dub. (Amy) said...

I loved this block. I am so pleased with how it turned out and it was so easy to make!