Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Day One of the Simply Mini Quilt Along

Hi, I'm Pam Lincoln and you can find me over at Mama Spark's World. I have been quilting for about 7 years now and am as addicted now as I was when I made my first quilt!  I am a scientist by day and quilt every spare minute I can. I have been married for 29 years to my husband, Chris.  We have three wonderful children, 2 daughters and a son.  We have one dog and are owned by 5 cats. Life is full and busy at our house but there is always time for quilting!  I have a great project coming out on Friday so be sure to stop over and check out my blog then!

 I have made so many friends in blogland and Konda was one of them. I actually got to meet her 2 years ago at spring market.  It was an amazing trip and I made a lot of new friends, including Konda.

 I am so thrilled that Konda asked me to be a part of the Simply Mini Quilt Along.  When she asked us to choose a quilt I knew exactly which one I wanted to try first so that's the one I chose.  They are all fabulous but this one just called my name.


That's the one. Mosaic.  Isn't it adorable??  I love all that negative space too.  So much space to practice your quilting!  I couldn't decide which fabrics to use.  Should I do a light background or dark.  Decisions, decisions.  I was working on another project and had some of that charm pack left over, calling my name so that's what I went with.


It always seems to go so much quicker once you choose your fabrics doesn't it?  Konda's directions to make this little gem were so easy.  I actually cut everything and laid the whole thing out on my cutting board (of course I forgot to take a picture of that!)  No large design wall necessary, this is the beauty of making a mini.  The entire layout fits on your cutting mat!  Perfect!!

I wanted to practice my straight line quilting and using striped fabric just seemed to lend itself to that.
I made lots of lines, unevenly spaced and in different directions.  I hope you like mine and I can't wait to see your versions of this little beauty too!


I  Just LOVE how this turned out!!  Here is a quick pic of the back where you can see the quilting even better!  Notice that little yellow PoP on the border?  Love it!


What fabrics will you choose for your Mosaic?  Are you playing along?  You can get the details and sign up over here.  There are going to be prizes for participating too!!  Don't forget that if you are playing along you need to post photos of your quilt in the Flickr group.  You can post 2 photos that will be eligible for prizes.  One of your quilt top and one of your finished top.

I hope you enjoyed my version of Mosaic and that you have fun participating in our Simply Mini QAL!  Keep watching Konda's blog for the next mini quilt in the QAL!!

If you get a minute, stop over and visit me at my blog, Mama Spark's World

~XOP~


9 comments:

Barb Neiwert said...

I like this mini - it's simple, and attractive and showcases the quilting!

✾Jamie Lee Cooley✾ said...

Your mini looks great! I just ordered the book last night from Connecting Threads. Can't wait to make one. I like the stripes you chose!

Beth said...

Very cute mini! The stripes are so fresh and fun. Your quilting is amazing. Thanks for sharing!

Rachel said...

LOVE it!

Vicki said...

Great fabrics Pam! I'm anxiously awaiting my book and am ready to start my mosaic. :)

Denise :) said...

Really lovely -- clean and simple and I like it!! :)

Quilt n Queen said...

Pam, I like your version...a fresh modern look!

Shannon said...

Your mini is so sweet!! Great job!

gi quilt said...

Go stripes!