Friday, March 22, 2013

Doing A Favor

My husband quickly learned not to ask me to make baby quilts for everyone. If he wanted to give something, I would often make a receiving blanket instead of a quilt. I have only made a quilt for someone he knows a handful of times. This is one of those times. A few months ago, he asked me to make a quilt for someone at work. I agreed. Lately he has been kindly reminding me that he needed it by the end of March. Today I thought I better take care of it.
 
I wanted to make something easy. I looked in my Simply Charming Kids book.
 
I decided to make the Times Square pattern.
 
 
The baby is suppose to be a boy. I thought an old Max and Whiskers charm pack I had would be just the thing. I added a 2 1/2" border around 4 blocks.
 
 
A couple hours later, the quilt was done and on the machine.

 
I quilted it with a dog bone stipple.

 
Now I just hope it doesn't take me two weeks to put on the binding!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't be such a baby, the binding is the best part :D xoxoxo
Ps -the quilts is SUPER cute :)
Pps- did I tell you I don't like word verification? I think its because I am part robot ;) ...and the other part comedian ;D

Connie said...

You are a sweetie!

Lisa said...

Having a boy around I really like this quilt! What fabric did you use for the borders? I really like it!