Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Retreat!

Quilt retreats are something I don't really get to do yet, six little kids and all.  But today I am headed down to Bryce Canyon for a quilt retreat!


Although I don't think I will actually leave the hotel!


I have projects stacked up to the ceiling that will be done when I come home - maybe.  I am teaching two classes: 

Building Blocks from my Simply Charming Kids book which combines fat quarters with charm squares for a quilt that is really easy and fun to make.


and Sweet Baby Kate, named after one of my babies who isn't a baby anymore, which is my first single pattern with Northcott.  In the pattern her it is shown in sweet, girly pastels.  I have also made it in bright Amy Butler prints.  So fun!

 Then, there's more!

I will be giving a trunk show on March 2nd at another retreat!

This retreat is hosted by French Knots!


By then, I will have all these projects from the Bryce Canyon retreat to show off!  You laugh, but I hope to pull it off, well, half of it anyway!  I am in the middle of getting a new book ready for Market, so I will have many new quilts to show.

Kati from the blue chair, or more accurately, Kati from "from the blue chair," will also be giving a trunk show there.  I am looking forward to seeing that.  She does excellent work!

Now off to throw something into a suitcase and hope I don't forget something important!


1 comment:

Kim and Jim said...

Ooh, I'm so jealous that you get to go to Bryce! I always hear such rave reviews about that retreat. It's on my wish list of things to do when the kids are a little bigger. Of course, I always get to pop in to the Aspen Grove quilting retreats for a little bit, & that's always fun!