Monday, March 5, 2012

Modern Mini Quilt Entry

I loved the idea of this Modern Mini Challenge.  I didn't think I would be able to get an entry done, but it looks like I'm squeeking in right before the deadline.


I had the center done as a single block.  I was playing with paper piecing.  The center is about 6."  For the rest of it, I wanted to try improv piecing.  I made it as the "leaders and enders" for my Fat Quarter Stars Quilt Along quilt that still isn't done.  (It is part done, and the finishing instructions are almost done.  I am hoping to have them up tonight.) 

It isn't much, but I like it.  It's about 13" square.


Oh, you haven't heard of "leaders and enders?"  I love chain piecing.  When I reach the end of my chain of pieces, I can't stand pulling them out and starting again.  I usually take a scrap of fabric and sew that to start my next chain.  Sometimes, instead of using a scrap, I will make blocks, like 9 patch blocks, or an improv log cabin! 

No comments: