Friday, July 13, 2012

It's my Quilt!

A couple days ago I was playing in my sewing room when my 2 year old walked in.  She picked up a mini charm pack - the 2 1/2" squares - of Kona solids that I had gotten at Market.

This picture is from the Fat Quarter Shop.

She picked it up and told me it was her quilt.  (She calls fabric quilts because she knows that is how it will end up.)  I said I needed it first.  Oh my!  She really poured it on then.  She said if she she couldn't have it then she would cry and she wouldn't be my friend and on and on.  It was hard not to laugh.  So I told her she could have it when I was done (what I didn't use) and gave her a kiss.

She left and I set about seeing which ones I needed for what I wanted to do.  I was going to quickly sew up a few of the leftovers for her, but she got side tracked so I let myself get side tracked too.   The kids often lay claim to the fabric that comes in the door, but that one took the cake!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that story! My six year old has a fat quarter bundle with his name on it :)

Studio V said...

That's funny! Every time I buy kid type fabric he want to lay claim to it and wants me to make him yet another quilt!