Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Color of the Year

Last year I found out that Pantone names a color of the year every year.  Last year, the color of the year was turquoise.  I was surprised at how much turquoise I saw -- especially in quilting.

This year the honor of color of the year goes to Honeysuckle!


Congratulations Honeysuckle!  HERE's a link to the announcement.  The author of the article suggests painting one wall in a room this color.  WOW!  That's a little too bold for me.  Evidently this color lifts our spirits during times of stress.  My favorite quote from the article is, "But be warned – once you try this arresting shade, it can become addictive." 

Reading about this color makes me want to go make a quilt!

11 comments:

Michele said...

I had no idea that there was a color of the year! I can see turquoise being last years color, there was certainly a lot of it around, but Honeysuckle surprises me.......I guess time will tell! I like the color though! Thanks for keeping us up to date!

KQ Sue said...

Looks like Pepto Bismol! DH will have me committed if I ever painted or worn pink. I think I will pass and take sunny yellow or lime green.

Hand Quilting Nana said...

I had no idea that this was going to be THE color of the year. I just bought an antique dresser accented in this color. And I have it in my quilt and throw pilllows in my bedroom.

My hubby is so sweet to let me do our bedroom in any color I want - even pink or should I say Honeysuckle!

Linda

Barbara McD said...

I love this color!!!

Gari in AL said...

The honeysuckles that grow in our yard are yellow and white. I've never seen a pink huneysuckle.

CJ said...

I have NEVER EVER EVER seen a pink honeysuckle. Why not give it a name like Peony or ???? Honeysuckle is a pretty creamy yellow for crying out sideways.

pdudgeon said...

OH GOOD! I've already got quilts using that color, including my favorite one, so it looks like i'm all set for 2011. wonder what they'll come up with next year.

Linda in Calif. said...

Oh No! First Honeysuckle is yellow/orange - not pink. And Second, don't you all remember the mauve of the 80's! Please no, not again! (Acutally I like the color in little bits) I sure hope it doesn't become a big fad.

Jocelyn said...

A quilt, yes. A wall, no!

Gwen said...

The fashion page in our local newspaper this week was about all the things that would use the color! Some lovely ideas, some over the top! It certainly is not the color I would expect with that name, I think the throat of the bloom may have a tiny little stripe that color. Even the pink honeysuckle is not near that color!
It will be fun to see how it shows up in fabrics.

Cecilia said...

I have been thinking of this color since you blogged. Today it inspired my blog! ceciliaquilts.blogspot.com