How many projects do you work on at one time?
Not how many PIGS (Projects In Grocery Sacks) you have waiting to be worked on, but how many are you actively working on?
I know a few quilters who work on one project until it's done. Only when it is done do they allow themselves to work on another project. I am much more scatterbrained than that. I think right now I have about more projects actively going than at any other time.
1) The rust quilt. I got the blocks pressed Thursday. It's ready to lay out when the kids are preoccupied and won't "help" me.
2) Our Layer Cake sampler.
3) The brown quilt. I got the fabric organized and figured out how to cut it up. Almost started cutting a couple days ago, but pressing the rust quilt took too long. It will be done in less than 2 weeks.
4) A quilt for Quiltmaker. I just found out my block is going to be included in the next Quiltmaker 100 Blocks issue. I said I would make a quilt using the block.
5) Big Game Hunter. This is a pattern I am doing with Northcott. I am currently sewing strip sets together in between sections of other projects.
6) Future fun. Just got some early fabric in the mail. This one isn't due for over a month, so I shouldn't start it yet. I just want to.
7) Another one for my upcoming book that my sister-in-law sewed the blocks for. I am trying to decide if I will try to finish it or ask her to. I don't know if this one counts because I haven't worked on it this week.
8) A guild project. This is a project that I may only work on at guild. It isn't on a time frame. I haven't actually sewed anything yet, but a few blocks are cut out and waiting.
9-10) Two quilt tops waiting to be quilted (by me) for the book. One with some Amy Butler's Love and the other is out of Heather Ross' Far Far Away II.
11-?) Quilts to be bound for the book.
???) Playing with quilt designs on EQ7. These obviously don't count since some of them will never actually be made.
What does "working on" mean? Does it just mean piecing? Maybe. Are any of you as crazy as I am? I bet more than one of you has a longer list than I do. What do you say?
2 hours ago