Friday, September 13, 2013

Fun Mail Day - Soap!

Not too long ago, I received a fun package in the mail. It contained soap!
 
I recently came back into contact with an old friend of mine. She is raising her family of seven children on the other side of the country making soap! Her soap is absolutely gorgeous! One of the soaps she sent me was called Clean Cotton. I took a picture of it, but I can't find the picture I took. I thought having picture on the computer would mean it wouldn't get lost. This picture is from Carrie's website:
 
 
I couldn't wait to try the soap, but at the same time, it was so nice it took me a couple days to open it. It felt luxurious being able to use something hand made so beautifully. Reading about the way she makes soap on her website and on facebook reminds me of making quilts. It is a creative process.
 
My husband now wants to make soap. I don't think so! I'll leave that to Carrie and and stick with quilts! I don't need to wear gloves and safety goggles to make quilts.
 
I wanted to share this because Carrie has agreed to let me give some of her soap away on my blog! It won't be today, but I will be giving away some of this beautiful soap in the near future!
 
Have you ever used home made soap? I hope those who use my quilts enjoy it as much as I enjoy this soap!

7 comments:

Kathryn said...

I checked out the website and bookmarked it for the future. I love handcrafted soaps.

Anonymous said...

I love kandmade soap;it makes a wonderful gift!

Sharm said...

I've been making our own soap for a few years now! I use all local & natural ingredients, but here in ustralia, the govt requires an enormous amount of red tape & huge insurance coverage to be able to sell it :(

rubyslipperz1052 said...

I LOVE...no ADORE...handmade soap, if the scent is pleasing to my crazy (VERY PICKY) nose. Homemade soap has a comfy (can soap actually be "comfy"??)soft feel to it.

hugZ,
annie =)

Nita said...

I've found handmade soap to be hit and miss, myself. I usually buy it at farmer's markets & craft fairs. When it's good it's fabulous and when it isn't fabulous, it's awful. Makes me a bit scared of purchasing without a recommendation.

Kim and Jim said...

My grandma used to make homemade soap. Every time I see homemade soap, I think of her. This soap looks so beautiful!

gi quilt said...

I had a co-worker who made soap. It was wonderful and made my skin feel smooth. Avocado lime was my favorite. But, alas she changed jobs and I lost contact.