Friday, November 19, 2010

Sweaters Part Two

The day after Lisa's wool presentation (click to read that story), I went to a class taught by Amy of Under the Garden Moon.  This class had been planned for quite a while and scheduled and rescheduled.  It was on wool applique and embroidery.  Here is Amy's sample:


It's a needle holder.  Please note, this is Amy's sample -- not mine.  Mine looks a little more, well, a lot more. . . what's the word. . . .  Oh yes, primitive.

Me and embroidery didn't get along too well.  I'm afraid it took some growling to get my embroidery done.  I just happened not to have taken a picture.  Oops!

While I did not get along with the embroidery, I enjoyed the wool applique.  See the spool of thread?  That's the wool applique.  It was fun!  

What does that have to do with sweaters?  Well, only that I realized that everything I had seen the day before in Lisa's demonstration was do-able!  Oh! 

That was day two.  Day three is what I did with days one and two.  Stay tuned for the attack of the not so killer sweaters!

2 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

You were "growling"?!?!?!
Hope you didn't scare the teacher!!

Michele said...

That looks very challenging to me!! Beautiful, but challenging!