Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Block Five with Machelle Preston

Time for another Fat Quarter Stars quilt block!  This is a great one for a holiday -- nice and easy!

Our block today is from Machelle Preston of Cherry Tree Cottage:


Machelle had a pattern published in Fons and Porter's Easy Quilts this summer:


Now from Machelle:

I have been so excited to design a block for the Block a- long.  Konda has such

great ideas and I love following along with her.  I have been busy designing a few

new things.  The lastest has been for Shabby Chic fabric.  The sample is up at Broadbent's

in Lehi.  A fun baby or twin quilt for a little girl. 



I have been doing some holiday sewing.  Making tree skirts for the married kids, and fun

neighbor gifts.  I will be doing a January Sale for all those that live close to me in Spanish Fork, Utah.

 or email me and let me know what you want.  It will be a fun Snow day Sale.  Watch for details on the blog.

Have a great time sewing and stop by to see what we will be doing next.


Have a great Holiday.

Machelle

Here's Machelle's block called Strawberry Star.


Here's my version of the block.


Click HERE for the link to the instructions.
What happens next?

The drawing will be from the flickr group. The drawing tonight (first thing in the morning really) is for any blocks posted since my last block was posted. The drawing is technically for block 4, but any blocks posted will be in the drawing. There will be some of you who are quick and will get your blocks posted.

This block is "due" in two weeks. I say due, but it really doesn't matter. Post your block when you get it done, and it will be entered into the next drawing. If you make one block, post one picture. If you make two blocks, post two pictures.


What's up for grabs this time?

Fabric!!!
Machelle has generously donated a Moda Jelly Roll,  Hometown by Sweetwater!


I have another 5 fat quarters as well!

Happy Quilting!

1 comment:

rental mobil jakarta said...

Very nice, thanks for sharing.