Monday, July 22, 2013

Sewing in Funny Places

The end of April I took a trip with a friend to a quilt retreat in Pennsylvania. I jumped at the opportunity of taking this "business" trip when I found out my daughter was going to have surgery during spring market.
 
One night we made reservations at a little motel that we hadn't seen first. It was a tiny little room that looked like my grandmother decorated it. There were little hand written notes left all over the room reminding us to make sure lights were turned all the way off, etc. I didn't get a good picture of the notes.
 
 
Don't  you love my bedspread!
 


 

 
This was my sewing spot. Good thing it wasn't the winter or the heater wouldn't have worked very well. The space was just wide enough for the sewing machine. Do you see my chair? It was one of those things you put your luggage on. I put a pillow on it so I didn't feel like I was going to fall through! 

 
Here's Machelle's sewing spot, the end table, not much bigger than mine.

 
For being so old, it was clean and the beds were reasonably comfortable. It was also just for one night, so we were able to enjoy a good laugh!



No comments: