Tuesday, August 16, 2011

One more Receiving Blanket

My baby sister had a baby this morning!  Her boys have been loving Dr. Seuss lately.  My sister loves red, so this receiving blanket was perfect -- even though I wanted to make something pink and flowery. 

I ordered the Seuss flannel online when I couldn't find it local.  It arrived yesterday.  I got the call this morning, made the blanket using my tutorial, and hurried to the hospital.  The thirty minute drive felt like forever!  Nothing like holding a brand new baby!

5 comments:

Helen said...

DARLING baby who now has a really cute receiving blanket.

You're right...nothing like holding a new baby.

Congratulations to ALL!

God bless you.

Lauren said...

Thanks for the picture Konda! That's the first one of her I've seen. She's so sweet! Love it--and the blanket too!

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Aw how sweet! Congratulations to your sister and family.

Teresa said...

Awwww..how sweet. A new born is a true blessing. I wish you many years of happiness with your new niece.

Amanda said...

Congrats! I love holding new babies! Cute receiving blanket too!