Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Block Three with Mary Lou Casada

I am crossing my fingers this morning that this posts correctly!  I am not home and have scheduled this post.  I use to be able to schedule posts just fine, but sometimes it doesn't work.  So I'm crossing my fingers!  I will be home to draw for prizes though!

Today, block three is brought to us by Mary Lou Casada from Cheaper than Therapy Quilting.



Here's Mary Lou!

What a privilege to be a part of one of Konda’s Quilt-Alongs!! I had so much fun doing the Layer Cake quilt-along earlier, so when the Fat Quarter Stars project came along, I jumped at the opportunity to design a block!  Thanks so much, Konda!

I’m Mary Lou Casada from Cheaper than Therapy Quilting (http://www.cheaperthantherapyquilting.blogspot.com/) and I’ve been quilting about 20 years (Oh My Word!!!)!! I’d dabbled in quilting a little because I had a grandmother who loved quilts and a great grandmother who was a prolific bee-quilter.  I can remember the frames being lowered from the ceiling of her little house when I was just a girl!  When Emily, my first born – who just turned 21 this Sunday! (Oh My Word!!) – was expected, I decided she needed a quilt…and off I went into the glorious addictive world of quilting!!

I am self-professed Queen Starts-a-Lot, and I love the process of selecting fabrics and piecing and/or appliquéing quilts.  I love the hand quilting part, too, but I’m notoriously slow.  Currently in the frame is the Mountain Laurel Quilters Sampler, a project I designed for my club ….in 2008! J   Slow! :-D  But it’s because I love starting new things.  That’s why I love quilt-alongs….Deadlines!! LOL


At Cheaper than Therapy I always end my entries with a Bible verse…Here’s an encouraging word for you!

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.  Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.”  Jeremiah 29:11-12 (NIV)
Thanks so much for letting me be part of your Fat Quarter Stars quilt!

Blessings!



Thanks Mary Lou!  Here's Mary Lou's block that she calls Friendly Winds!



and here's my block!


My block didn't turn out quite how I had planned.  I forgot that the orange was going to go in the middle so the orange from the outside was brought into the middle like Mary Lou's.  Then I went and cut too many orange and not enought of the light green.  When I realized what I did, I decided to sew it up anyway -- it was all cut!  I still like it even though it probably would have been better the other way. 

Click HERE for the link to the instructions.

What happens next?

The drawing will be from the flickr group.  The drawing tonight (first thing in the morning really) is for any blocks posted since my last block 1 was posted.  The drawing is technically for block 1, but any blocks posted will be in the drawing.  There will be some of you who are quick and will get your blocks posted. 

This block is "due" in two weeks.  I say due, but it really doesn't matter.  Post your block when you get it done, and it will be entered into the next drawing.  If you make one block, post one picture.  If you make two blocks, post two pictures.

What's up for grabs this time?

Two super secret prizes!  We will find out tomorrow who the winners are and what they win!!!

Happy quilting!

6 comments:

luvtoquilt said...

Great block -- can't wait to put it together! Mary Lou, I love the fact that you included the Bible verse - what a lovely way to begin my day -- I was blessed!

Lesley said...

Another beautiful block! Thanks to you both...I love the way it uses so many fabrics...it's going to be a fun block to make!
Cheers!

Mary Lou Casada said...

Thanks a million!! Love so much being a part of this quilt along! :-)
Blessings!
Mary Lou

Celeste said...

I look forward to making this cute block. Am I the only one using a Mac? None of the written instructions would print!! Programs suggested are only for Windows!!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Beautiful block, this will be fun. Thanks!

Celeste said...

Thank you, Konda, for making sure I could print the instructions for this block. You give a whole new wonderful meaning to the term "Customer Service"! Still don't understand why the hang-up on printing the written portion of the instructions, but all is well now.

Celeste