Thursday, April 12, 2012

Flower Block Exchange

You may remember this flower from THIS POST last week.


We exchanged our flower and nine patch blocks yesterday at our quilt guild meeting.  The flower I made is my signature flower.  It is really easy, and I have several versions of it in patterns of mine including:

The cover quilt "Charming Flowers" in Simply charming Collection,


a version with sashing and pieced borders called "May Flowers" in Simply Charming Seasons,


and a version with leaves and applique in a single pattern called Sweet Baby Kate.


This was my nine patch block.  I did end up making two versions of this block.  The other version had the dark red in the center.


I ended up making a few extra flowers and nine patch blocks because I just made up all that the strips I cut would make.  I laid out the blocks today.  What do you think?


I am so impressed with all of the blocks!  I love it!  I have 6 extra nine patch blocks, so I am going to add two more rows.  Instead of making extra flowers, I am going to use 6 plain blocks that have a busy floral print.  I think it will work.  It won't happen until a couple other things get done first.

11 comments:

Amy's Crafty Shenanigans said...

Yes, very nice. I didn't 'see' the fowers in your post about them but now that I see them in context and from a distance they really do POP out and say 'I'm a gorgeous flower'!! Well done!

Nicky said...

Great colours which say Spring is here and summer is coming soon!

I want to make a daisy quilt - not sure how or for whom yet!

Laura said...

What a fun quilt!

grendelskin said...

Oh, it's so fresh and pretty, what a terrific quilt it will be! I like the just-sprouting block.

Lori said...

love the flower quilt that is coming together. it is so happy and summery looking

rubyslipperz1052 said...

I LUV your quilt with all the fun flowers in it!! Your block from you book is a favorite of mine. It is really pretty, but not too frilly and it's fairly easy to sew.

hugZ,
annie
anniesrubyslipperz.com

Shelia said...

I REALLY liked your flower block when you posted it, made me want to make some!
I REALLY, REALLY like your flower blocks with the 9 patched. Will be a GREAT quilt.

Betty C said...

I love it. It is beautiful.

Betty C said...

I love it. It is beautiful.

mom said...

Love this quilt! We have 4 grandkids, 2 boys, 2 girls and 1 more boy due any day now. The girls would love this one. I hope I never get burned out on quilting I love it! I can't wait to see this one of your finished, please post it when you are done. Happy sewing.

mom said...

Love this quilt! The two grand daughters will love it foo. Please post the finished quilt. Can!t wait to see it!