Friday, April 13, 2012

Quilt of Valor

Tomorrow is the absolute last day to deliver my Quilt of Valor.  I delivered it today!  Oh yeah!!!


I had something else planned, but I thought it was due in May.  I enjoyed making the nine patches for my spring quilt, so I decided to make nine patches for the QOV.  The alternate block is a star batik that I got many years ago.  I have been saving it for just the right quilt.  It asked to be used on this quilt.  I hesitated after not cutting it for so many years, but I listened.  I'm glad I did.

It isn't a fancy quilt, but I like it.  I quilted it in my Quilt of Valor pattern that has a Statue of Liberty, Liberty Bell, Eagle Head, and the words "Thank You" on it.  I like quilting red, white, and blue quilts in gold thread.  Here's a close up of the eagle.


This quilt will be shown at HMQS in a Quilt of Valor Challenge. I didn't make mine to win the challenge.  I made my quilt to support HMQS and Quilts of Valor.  I have worked with both organizations for many years.

If tomorrow is the deadline, does that mean I turned in my quilt a day early???

3 comments:

Lesley said...

This quilt is so very beautiful! You must be so proud to have it all finished and ready. Good for you!

Karen said...

Congrats on the great finish! I'm sure the recipient will enjoy it.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful quilt and such a wonderful project for Vets. Thanks