Thursday, April 5, 2012

What is the Definition of Procrastination?

Today I am working on transforming these stacks of fabric:


into 16 of these flower blocks:


and 16 scrappy 9 patch blocks. 

It sounded like an easy project until I saw the stack of 150 ish white squares.  They are for a guild block swap next Wednesday.  I've known about it for, oh, at least three months!

Does that mean I procrastinated?  I am going to respectfully say NO.  I really had to get another project done, so I just scheduled this project for after that project which happened to put this project done at the last minute.

I am going to say there is a difference between scheduling something last minute and procrastination.  Now if I don't work on it today like it is "scheduled" and wait until Tuesday night.  That is procrastinating!

Is there a distinction?  What do you think?

7 comments:

Melissa Labella said...

I have come to learn that I definitely work better "under pressure", so I am a scheduled procrastinator too. I just work better that way and I embrace it.

c said...

If I posted a pic of DH, he would be the definaition of "procrastinator"-LOL. I love that block and would love to know how to make it please. I really enjoy your posts!

Sherry said...

It it is scheduled it is not procrastination. I have been rescheduling a project that I may have to call procrastination soon. Have a great day sewing.

rubyslipperz1052 said...

Well, I dunno if my opinion would be of much worth...since my middle name IS "procrastination"! =P

hugZ,
annie
anniesrubyslipperz.com

eliseg said...

The fabric used in this block is beautiful!! I would love to know what it is.

Moose on the Porch Quilts said...

eliseg, the fabrics are all from my stash. The one in the flower is a Moda print from a few years ago. It was part of the Boutique line. Thanks!

paulette said...

HELP!! I 'google' flower signature block and came to your flower block which is PERFECT for a quilt that our quilt guild wants to make for a very special quilter! Do you know where I can get the pattern...or the name and designer of it?? Thanks so much for any help that you can give us on this pattern!
Paulette