Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Fig Tree 80/20 Principle

As you know I love working with charm packs. Using charm packs, I often now work with one line of fabric. I have noticed though that sometimes I like adding background fabric or accent fabric from another line. It can be difficult to find fabric that coordinates, but the right fabrics let the fabrics from the charm pack "sing" because they let the main fabrics stand out more. I recently read a great post about this at Fig Tree Quilts.

Here is the link:
Fig Tree 80/20 Principle

Joanna has a great way expressing this concept with a couple pictures to go along with it. Check it out. I think you will agree.

1 comment:

Betsy said...

I do the same thing. It helps stretch my stash. you'd be surprised how many fabric lines work so well together