Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Block Eight Winners -- and being grateful!

More awesome blocks and more great winners!  I am so glad that so many of us have been able to make time to quilt.  As I snuck down into my sewing room, I was grateful to "have" to make these blocks.  For 20 minutes or so I felt at peace.  I wasn't worried about the laundry or the dishes or kids' quarrels.  I took that time for everything is was worth.  I was sewing as fast as I could because I knew that the busy-ness of the day would soon catch me.  I just sewed and as I sewed, I relaxed.  When I was done, I put my blocks away, took a deep breath, and re-entered my crazy life -- grateful for a few minutes with my sewing machine. 

I hope these blocks have given you some time to breathe in your life too. 

Without further ado (Is that how you spell that?), here are the winners!!!

(Toby put a demonstration of it up on her blog for us) --


is kvparham!


And the winner of the jelly roll from me is:

harrispen!



And now for the fine print:
These are the Flickr usernames. I have emailed both winners via Flickr mail. I have also posted their blocks to help identify the winners. Email me (kluckau@moosequilts.com) to claim your prize.


Remember, if you didn't get your block done, no worries. There will be another drawing in two weeks! Any blocks posted between now and then will be entered into the next drawing.

Thanks for playing everyone! Keep on quilting!

3 comments:

Jonathan said...

Congrats to the winners! I know what you mean. I haven't been able to find much time to sew lately with my son out of school for the summer, but the time I do get I am very grateful for and I milk it! LOL

Gene Black said...

Yaay! for the winners, even though I wasn't one (((grin)))

I am grateful for the time to create. I am also grateful for all the designers' giving spirits in creating these blocks for us. And especially to you for hosting this quilt along- Thank you!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Congratulations to the winners! I'm keeping up, just barely!