Saturday, October 9, 2010

Is it raining cats and dogs?

This week it has been raining off and on all week.  I am actually happy about this.  Evidently we didn't have a lot of water this year so our irrigation water got turned off a little early.  With the rain, I didn't have to worry about some of my plants that still needed some watering.  Then, when it wasn't raining, we have had absolutely gorgeous fall days.  Just gorgeous! 

Anyway, my Fons and Porter's Love of Quilting came in the mail today, and these two quilts caught my eye. 

They are Bonus Quilts online.  I have noticed that many of the quilt magazines have been adding extra patterns to their websites.  Anyway, I am not really an animal person, but I know lots of people are.  While I don't love cats and dogs, I can appreciate a good quilt.  These are some great quilts! 


I like the two cats that are sideways.  You can see one of them on the picture.  The dogs ears are dimensional.  I don't know what's up with the turquoise in the corners.  It seems a little bright, but it probably isn't too bad on the actual quilt.

Have a good weekend!

13 comments:

Mary Grace McNamara said...

Those quilts are cute! I love how the dogs are all wide eyed and ready to please, and the cats look totally bored with the whole thing and ready to take a nap. Just like real dogs and cats!

Thanks for the link!

MGM

Rachel said...

Oh how CUTE! I love them both. Thanks for sharing the link to these patterns. :)

Rhanda said...

I love dogs and cats. I sooo appreciate you posting the links to these patterns! They are really cute.

Sherry said...

They are so cute. I'm going to the cat quilt one day (LOL) so I'm printing it out and going to save it for the Its Raining Cats and Dogs days. Just likewhat your hving. Hope the sun comes out soon for you.

Arnica said...

Thanks for the tip. So cute dogs and cats. Just what I have been looking for.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for sharing the link to those quilts. I'm not sure that I will use them, but will pass the info on to my quilting dog and cat lovers.
cindy

EmilyP said...

I just got my magazine, too, and the puppy quilt was my favorite part. My 21 month daughter is obsessed with all things "puppy" and this may be one I need to make for her!

Pauline said...

Thanks for the link- they're so cute aren't they!

Sherrill said...

I've already printed those out cause I thought they were SO CUTE!!

Gari in AL said...

And did you notice the mice? I, too, had already printed out the patterns. I'm thinking about combining cats and dogs, since we now have both.

April M. said...

Thanks for sharing! My biking buddy would just love the dog quilt :)

Marianne said...

These are so cute! Thanks for the head's up!

Deb said...

The designer made an owls quilt, too - I'm sure you can get it straight from her. The shop is Starry Night Hollow, in Encinitas, CA. (As for the hunks on her calendar, I've *never* seen them in the store...though she is about 1 mile from from the ocean...)

Deb