Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Layer Cake Concern -- or Non Concern

Many have commented that they are worried about the level that this is appropriate for.  I thought the Jelly Roll Sampler Quilt Along was appropriate for beginners.  I have told the designers of this Layer Cake Quilt Along that many doing the quilt along are beginners and to make their patterns accordingly. 

So. . . .

Beginners are welcome!

While I think the best way for a beginner to learn is in a class where an instructor can help one on one, a quilt along is also a fun way to learn.  During the last quilt along, I was so impressed with the feeling of community.  On the flickr group, so many posted encouraging comments.  Others asked questions in the forum of the flickr group that were usually answered by others of you before I even saw the question. 

Please join and be part of the community.  It's a fun group to be part of!

5 comments:

Linda said...

Can't wait..

Natys said...

I recently join the layer cake club from the fat quarter shop, i really dont have time to make de along part, but im going to follow you anyway watching every step.

SarDee said...

I am not a beginner, per say, but I am self-taught through sew-alongs and tutorials off the internet. I thought the Jelly Roll sew-along was a great learning experience and I look forward to the Layer Cake sew-along! If there are any beginners on the fence about joining let me be the one to tell you it's a wonderful experience!!

Gene Black said...

Like SarDee, I am not a beginner, but I am self taught mostly. (thanks to wonderful blogs!) I learned a LOT from the Jelly Roll Quilt Along and really added to my skills and confidence. I say "Jump in and try" if you have a problem -ask. We were all beginners at one time.

Oh yes, and most quilters are amazingly friendly.

JackieM said...

I want to join. I watched the jelly roll quilt "from a far" and want to actually cut and sew this time! Thanks for inviting beginners. Now to join and figure this thing out