Thursday, May 26, 2011

An Army of Frogs

 I learned something new today.  I didn't know that a group of frogs was called an army.  I guess I have made an army of frogs this week.

The "pillow pet" or stuffed owl that I made for my 12 year old daughter to give to her friend a couple months ago:
turned out to be a big hit.  Two friends asked for frogs and one asked for a horse.  Since they aren't very difficult to make, and it isn't as often that what I do is "cool" so I obliged.  Here's the two frogs I made for her friends.


The backs are purple.  The mouth of the one is too low, and the eyes looked cuter before they were stuffed, but the girls really liked them.  So did my daughters teacher.  She asked if I sold them!  Ha!  My daughter and I have both really liked her teacher this year.  So making one for her was a no brainer.  I took the leftover from the backs of the other too.  Maybe frogs were meant to be purple.  I turned one leg so you can see the fun back.


Always fun to make something for someone you appreciate that you know they will appreciate.  Tomorrow is the last day of school, so perfect timing for a teacher gift!  Who knew a large (I used a fat quarter for the front and another for the back) stuffed frog would be the perfect teacher gift!

6 comments:

Gene Black said...

very cute....so is it raw edge and just pink the edges? I can do that.

Donna said...

Cute frogs! What an adorable gift.

The Wheelers said...

awesome!

April M. said...

Too Cute! Simply Charming Plush?

Amber said...

You must have been reading "Herd of cows, Flock of Sheep", eeh? You have a knack for making great things!

✾Jamie Lee Cooley✾ said...

Those are cute gifts! I just found your blog via Adventures of a Cross Stitch Drama Queen. I read back a few posts and am interested in what you said for your schoolhouse presentation at Market. I'm not a lqs owner or anything, but is there a succinct philosophy that sums up the modern quilter? I'm just curious exactly what it is. I started quilting about 5 years ago. Before knowing how to sew, I randomly found a tablerunner on Cluck Cluck Sew and it inspired me to learn. Anyway, I would be intrigued to hear the difference, since I have no context for exactly what is modern and what is not. Thanks!!! And I'll be back to read your blog. I am the mother of 3 girls, so I probably can relate:)