Wednesday, August 24, 2011

More Pumpkin Progess

I guess these technically aren't pumpkins, but here's the 16 patch for the pumpkin quilt.

I sewed four strip sets that I cut into 2.5" sections and sewed together into the 16 patch.  These must have been long strips becasue I was able to barely squeeze 17 sections out of each strip set.  Since I only needed 16, I used the extra ones to make a signature block for the back of the quilt.  I do have some of the selvage holes showing in two places on my signature block.  Normally that is a pet peeve of mine - to see selvage holes in a quilt.  I figured it would be alright since it was on the back.  They are also tiny holes.  I hope it doesn't bother me. 

I guess if it does, I can applique a couple leaves on the block.  I was pleased there was the extra rows.  I was just going to cut a plain square for a signature block, but this is so much more fun!


Mary Grace McNamara said...

Love that Sandy Gervais fabric! This is going to be a warm and cozy quilt!


Nancy said...

I have 6 FQ's of the same fabric. Just about to start a little something with it as a gift for someone. I'm inspired!