Monday, March 2, 2009

More Progress -- WOW!

I got another quilt quilted today for the new book Simply Charming Circles due out in May. Two days in a row. How did that happen? Only a couple more quilts to go. I have two ladies piecing them and should be done this week. Also, one of the quilts I just quilted (the black and white and bright one), is already bound thanks to a friend who is faster than I am.
This one was made with Moda's Portabello Market fabrics (see below). I quilted it with feathers. I love feathers. The outer border is one of the red fabrics with a small floral design. The quilt is rich and luscious. I can't wait to get it bound and washed!

I love this line! Of course, I can't call it Portabello Market. I always think of it as Portabello Road, from the Disney movie "Bedknobs and Broomsticks" and then I have to start singing: "Portabello Road, Portabello Road, street where the riches of ages are stowed . . . ." That's all I know so it gets a little repetitious, but I still like it. Anyone else singing now?

No comments: