Thursday, March 5, 2009

Pattern Being Published

Yesterday I mailed off a quilt that will be published in a book Patchwork Comforters, Throws and Quilts by DRG of which House of White Birches and Quilter's World are a part of.

They approved my design a couple months ago, and I mentioned that I would like to make it in either Moda's "Portugal" fabric line
or "Timber Creek Flannels" also by Moda.
However, I sent along two quilts that I had made of this pattern as Christmas gifts, one was woodland prints and the other was purples.
They liked the purples and asked that I make it that way. Well, I couldn't use the same fabrics because, well, some of them were of lesser quality from my early days quilting when I didn't know the difference, and I knew the recipient would also not know the difference. So I went to one of the local quilt shop and purchased fat quarters of all of their purple, or purple and white fabric. It turned out fun, but I really wanted to make it up in "Portugal." I just might need to make one more! It was a quick one to sew up using fat quarters and, of course, charm packs. There wasn't purple charm squares so I made my own from the fat quarters. If I had done it in "Portugal," the charm squares would've been already cut and I could've started sewing right away. Sigh . . . .

I do forgive them, and I am looking forward to seeing their finished product. I don't have a publishing date for that book, but I will pass along the information when I get it.

No comments: