I used my churn dash blocks as an excuse to visit one of my local quilt shop -- as if I need an excuse! I was a little worried I would find a sashing and border that worked. Actually, it was just the border print I was worried about. That is the challenge of using a line of fabric for the blocks. Sometimes you feel like you need part of that line for the other fabric in the quilt. In this case, I easily found fabric to match. I found three that I really liked. One was too white. I wanted to buy it to use on the back, but I can't pay full price for backing, no matter how much I like it. The second was more blue. That wasn't a problem, I just decided to go pink instead of blue. The sashing isn't a solid, it just reads like one.
And that is as finished as it is going to get for now. Sigh. . . I'm trying not to get discouraged about my quilt machine. Right now I am waiting for another part and praying it will work.
I have one quilt on a deadline that needs custom quilting. It is at a friend's house right now getting quilted. It is much harder than I thought to give up control of the quilting. Can't wait to show you that quilt, but it will be a few months.