Wednesday, November 16, 2011

A finish?

I used my churn dash blocks as an excuse to visit one of my local quilt shop -- as if I need an excuse!  I was a little worried I would find a sashing and border that worked.  Actually, it was just the border print I was worried about.  That is the challenge of using a line of fabric for the blocks.  Sometimes you feel like you need part of that line for the other fabric in the quilt.  In this case, I easily found fabric to match.  I found three that I really liked.  One was too white.  I wanted to buy it to use on the back, but I can't pay full price for backing, no matter how much I like it.  The second was more blue.  That wasn't a problem, I just decided to go pink instead of blue.  The sashing isn't a solid, it just reads like one.


And that is as finished as it is going to get for now.  Sigh. . . I'm trying not to get discouraged about my quilt machine.  Right now I am waiting for another part and praying it will work.

I have one quilt on a deadline that needs custom quilting.  It is at a friend's house right now getting quilted.  It is much harder than I thought to give up control of the quilting.   Can't wait to show you that quilt, but it will be a few months. 

5 comments:

QuiltNut Creations said...

so pretty!! hope your machine is up and running soon.

Chookyblue...... said...

must find my churn dash quilt and get it finished........your looks great.........

Barbara McD said...

What line of fabric did you use?

Moose on the Porch Quilts said...

It's the Michael Miller Clubhouse fabric.

April M. said...

Love the quilt! I hope you get your machine up and running soon, that's so frustrating.