Monday, November 28, 2011

McCall's Quilting -- Carnaby Street

Today in the mail came McCall's Quilting's newest issue -- January/February 2012.


Inside this issue is a quilt that I love -- Carnaby Street!


I love to see what McCall's does with my quilts!


Here's  a picture of the full quilt from McCall's.


The fabric is England Swings by Rebekah Merkle for Timeless Treasures.

It was a fun design challenge to work with this fabric.  I first worked with the digital images and came up with a design that I loved.  Then I was told that the fabric was a much larger scale than I thought I was working with.  It took a few more designs before I came up with this finished product, but working through things like that is part of the creative process.  I love the result!

This is a large quilt.  It's almost 88" square.  Because of the large scale fabric, the blocks had to be large, and the quilt is actually fairly quick to make.

So . . . do you know where Carnaaby Street is?  I had to look it up.  I'm not cool enough to know things like that.

11 comments:

Lesley said...

Konda, the quilt is beautiful...like a little bit of fresh air! 'Carnaby Street' was huge when I was a teenager...by my recollection it was a street in London where they had all the beautiful shops and were the fashion leaders...miniskirts, mini-dresses, Twiggy, florals, etc...guess I'm showing my age! Congrats on your quilt!

KaHolly said...

It's a beauty!! You must be so pleased.

Gene Black said...

It is gorgeous. Being an Anglophile, on my one trip to England, I stood on Carnaby Street in London. I was thrilled.

Sherry said...

The design is amazing, I love the fabrics used in the quilt too.

Denise in PA said...

Great quilt! I just got the magazine yesterday, but haven't gotten that far. I've actually been on Carnaby Street! I used to have a board game by that name when I was a kid. When we got to London, I made it a point to go there - LOL!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

It's sure lovely.

Barbara McD said...

What fun!!! Great job!!!!

Anonymous said...

I just got the magazine, and love your quilt. Your piecing tutorial rocks (as always). Love the quilt!

Lettyb said...

What a pretty quilt! I love it when quilts look as pretty on a bed as they do when hung up on a wall. That doesn't always happen.

itsconnie said...

Konda, I love this. You should be so proud of yourself. Can I buy the pattern somewhere?

Moose on the Porch Quilts said...

Connie,
The pattern is in the Jan/Feb 2012 issue of McCall's Quilting. You can look for it at newstands near you or buy it online. Here's the online link:
http://www.mccallsquilting.com/issues/January_February_2012
Thanks!