Thursday, November 17, 2011

Quilt Naming Help -- Please!

I finished this new pattern a few weeks ago.  It has been sitting here waiting to be put to good use, but it really needs a name!  I have not come up with anything even close to clever, or even acceptable for that matter.  I would love some help!  Please!

I am donating this quilt pattern to an organization that a friend of mine from Izzy and Ivy started called Create H.O.P.E. Designs.  The patterns on this website are all $5, and all of the money goes straight to an organization that helps orphanges around the world.  There are different organizations, but they all help orphanges.  Here's the website:


And here's my quilt that needs a name before it can go to the website.




The fabric is Taali, a fun new organic line from Monaluna:

I thought it was perfect for this pattern!  My favorite print is a toss up between the sheep and the landscape.  There wasn't a good picture of the landscape, so here's a better one.


The quilting was inspired by the blue and white zig zag stripe fabric.  I wasn't sure what width I wanted between the zig zags, so I tried one inch.  That was too much, so I put one in the middle.  Then I didn't want three zig zags, but I also didn't want to unpick.  What to do?  Alternate!  I put a couple double rows between the triple ones.  I love how it turned out! 

As with all requests for help, I've got some incentive --

Monday I will have a random drawing for those who comment and give me a suggestion on a name. 

What's the random prize?

5 fat quarters!

Thanks in advance for your help!




39 comments:

By Hoki Quilts said...

Love your focus fabric and congratulations on your finish. How about "Now I know my ABC's..."
Just a thought.
good luck and keep up the good work.
hugs - Miche'le

Carol A Spadea said...

Look at that . Smashing . How about "One ,Two, Three Look at Me "
GREAT blog. Keep it up. Piecefully Carol

Jan said...

As Simple As ABC!

Kathy S. said...

I would call it Ba Ba Grey Sheep. It's very cute. The new owner will be very lucky! LOVE those sheep.

Cindy said...

How about "Counting your ABCs" instead of counting sheep. Very cute pattern!

BobbiG said...

"In the Beginning."

Sherryl said...

So sweet. Those letters remind me fondly of learning to read - how about Kindergarten?
- sunshdws@yahoo.com

Kritta22 said...

A-line.
Straight to the abc's
Busy b
Double trouble
2abc's and beyond
Couple of abc's
I'll abc you later (I'll be see (n) you later)
Abc what I have (like see what I have)

I'll keep thinking

Anonymous said...

Very cute! My name:
"A to Zig Zag"

Tammy
morrowrj@telus.net

Christina said...

How about it is "just a Letter"

Christina
seamo3@msn.com

Dirt Road Quilter said...

Letters of Hope? I not only love your quilt, but the whole reason behind it. Many people will be blessed through your generosity.

Mom said...

Baby Steps!

A.J. Dub. (Amy) said...

"Let's Start at the Very Beginning" (Sound of Music reference. :) )

"ABCs Squared"

"Stepping Up"

That is a cute quilt!

Karen said...

Great quilt and I love the fabrics.

How about naming it AlphaSheep?

Shasta said...

Awww...Konda...thank you SO much! It's really beautiful :0)

Anonymous said...

Big A little A

Rita E in AZ said...

What a lovely quilt you have made.
I am terrible at naming quilts but I kept thinking of water for some reason so all that I thought of was:

A B Sea

Rita E in AZ

Denise :) said...

I like AlphaZag! :)

Andrea said...

I am really rubbish at naming quilts but the first thing that came to mind was Alpha-doodle. I haven't read the previous comments yet but will do so now and just bet you have some great suggestions xx

Heather said...

Mommy and baby letters

Annmarie said...

Cute cute quilt - you are a very nice person. And thanks for the link. How about "Alphabet Dreams"

Lisa in Port Hope said...

it makes me happy so,
Always Be Cheerful
or just
Cheerful

Izzy said...

Lovely quilt. For a name, I could only come up with A to Zzzzzz (as in counting sheep to fall asleep). I know... It's a stretch isn't it? :-)

danette said...

Always Believe in Create.

Sallie said...

My first thought was Alphababy.

Anonymous said...

I like the orderliness of the pieced sections, and that combined with the letters made me think "Alphabetical Order."

Whatever name you choose, it's an adorable quilt and a great cause.

Kathy in FL said...

First thought that came to mind was "ABC's for HOPE".

mamabug said...

Better Letters
Love your blog so much!!! Thanks k.bugbee @att dot net

Judie said...

How about "Letters and Dreams"? Cute pattern. Judie

Dawn said...

I'm going to write this without reading any other answers so if there are duplicates it will justbe a coincidence.
My first thought was "School Time". Then I thought "The ABC's" or "Life's ABC's", Alaphabet Soup", "Gray School Days".
Hope someone comes up with a name that blows your socks off.

c said...

sweet dream

Dianne M. said...

So many cute names! I don't know how you are going to decide on just one. I'll toss in a few more:

A - Baaaa - C

"As Simple As . . ." (with no finish to the sentence)

-- Dianne

Judy1522 said...

I love the zig zag on the quilt so I would name it "Zig Zag through ABC"

Gene Black said...

How about "School Day Nap" ?

picabo said...

Alphabet Blocks
dmifflin@netrover.com

Anita said...

Scrabble

Anonymous said...

Where's the Ewe?

Kathryn said...

How about "Letter Maze". Kathie L in Allentown

Rachel said...

A
Beautiful
Child
:-)