Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Block Four with Mama Spark

It's Tuesday again!  Are you ready for another block?!? 


Well, ready or not, we've got another fun star block for you!  This block is from Pam Lincoln, otherwise known as Mama Spark: www.mamaspark.blogspot.com

Here's Pam!

HI Everyone,

My name is Pam Lincoln although you may know me by Mama Spark.  You can find my blog at www.mamaspark.blogspot.com and I would love you to stop by for a visit!  I’ve always felt that strangers are just friends we haven’t met yet. 

I was first introduced to sewing by my mom who used to sew all my clothes when I was little.  She taught me to sew when I was young and I have done a fair amount of sewing since.  My own three children never wore a store bought Halloween costume!  I am a scientist by day and a mad crafter the rest of the time. 

I started out with counted cross stitch, which I still love.  I had taken the odd quilting class but it just didn’t stick with me.  About 6 years ago a dear friend was sewing binding on while we were watching our daughters at swim practice.  She encouraged me to get back into making quilts.  I looked for a group to join and found one at my church.  About a year later I was running the group!  I have since left that group and formed another one.  I love hanging out with other quilters, so inspirational!

I began blogging around the time I began quilting, and have never looked back!  Who knew there were so many kindred spirits in the world?  The internet has a way of making everyone seem so close.  My quilting has evolved from making quilts from patterns to designing my own.  I love to make a design my own and to develop new designs of my own.  The blogging community as well as Flickr are such a rich source of information and inspiration. 

I have three children, one is currently in graduate school at North Carolina State, while the other 2 live at home.  The eldest works at the University of Michigan (that’s where I work too) and the youngest is working 2 jobs trying to decide what he wants to do with his life.  I also have a wonderful and very supportive husband that never complains that his living room has been turned into my sewing room.  We share our home with 5 cats and one dog.  We have raised some peacocks, chickens and ducks as well, although now they live at our friend’s farm.  Life is never dull at our house!

I am so excited to have been included in this wonderful Quilt along.  Konda is the BEST!  I can’t wait to see what you do with my block and I hope you enjoy making it as much as I did!  Don’t forget to stop by my blog and say “HI”, I would love to meet you!


Thanks Pam!  Here's Pam's block called Fiesta Star:

 Here's  my version of the Fiesta Star!



Click HERE for the link to the instructions.

What happens next?

The drawing will be from the flickr group. The drawing tonight (first thing in the morning really) is for any blocks posted since my last block was posted. The drawing is technically for block 3, but any blocks posted will be in the drawing. There will be some of you who are quick and will get your blocks posted.

This block is "due" in two weeks. I say due, but it really doesn't matter. Post your block when you get it done, and it will be entered into the next drawing. If you make one block, post one picture. If you make two blocks, post two pictures.

What's up for grabs this time?

Fabric!!!

Pam has 2 charm packs from Michael Miller.  It's Fairy Frost!


I'll add a set of 5 fat quarters!
Happy quilting!

9 comments:

Denise :) said...

Great block, Pam!! :)

Leah said...

Lovely block, can't wait to get started on it!

Staci said...

This is stunning! I am eager to pull out my fabrics and start choosing which I'll use. Thanks for the great block, Pam!

Norma Braden said...

awesome block!

Vivian said...

Pam did a great block. I also like your version. Love the plaid fabrics.

barbara kibler said...

Congratulations on a wonderful block Pam!

Brenda said...

I have been printing out the instructions for these blocks. I need to get 6 more fat quarters before I begin. But somehow I missed block 3 and when I go to the original list it does not take me there? Love Pam's block, I follow her blog regularly.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Great block Pam!

Britt-Inger said...

It´s a wonderful block Pam!! I love it